Thursday, March 4, 2010

Kaye England is Coming to Millington



Kaye England is going to be our speaker at the Millington Quilt Club Invitational in September. Club members have already been busy planning the event. After Kaye speaks and shares her quilts, we plan to have a luncheon. As part of the event, guests will receive a party favor. One of the ideas suggested was a fabric bookmark.



I worked on two styles today. In the above bookmarks, I used Pellon Peltex 71 for the center. I ironed the pumpkin fabric on the back and strip pieced the top side. The bookmarks would have frayed on the edges, so I tried a variety of threads and used a satin stitch on the sides.



The second style, above, was much easier. I just bonded different fabrics to both sides of the ultra firm stabilizer. The edges do not appear to fray so there was no need to reinforce them.


Last weekend we went to Milwaukee for a second celebration of Angela and Austin's marriage. Austin is originally from Milwaukee. I made a pair of hot pads as part of a hostess gift for Austin's mother.



Ang thought her condo was mostly earth tones. I went through my stash and came up with some brown and black tones. I really love bright colors, so my stash doesn't have the typical muted earth tones.

No comments: