Friday, May 7, 2010

Embellished Denim Shirt

I really like denim shirts, even though I have a feeling they are not in style any longer.



I purchased a denim shirt from LL Bean on sale and used my sewing machine's decorative stitches to embellish it. I don't have an embroidery machine so I bought a couple of appliques on EBay.




I used a couple of types of variegated thread, but find I like the Signature brand from Jo Ann Fabric the best.



Most of my tulips and daffodils are done for the season. While wandering around the yard I was surprised to see the Flirty Mary's (a type of mini iris) were blooming. My sister-in-law, Kathryn gave me a clump a few years ago and they have been multiplying.






1 comment:

Linda said...

The shirt turned out really cute! Even the buttons match. Can't wait to see it in person.