Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Day in Fenton

Yesterday, my friends and I went to Fenton. Our first stop was the Heavenly Scent Herb Farm. The shop was painted to look like an old European building.



The gardens were magnificent.



This is Cheryl in front of some of the lush plants.



This is Dena and Linda under one of the many flower covered arbors.



The planting were so colorful.


I'm standing by a small pond and an unbelievably huge plant. I was told they feed the plants every time they water them, I guess that explains their size.



We went to lunch at a The French Laundry . The food was exceptional and the atmosphere unique. Of course, our last stop was a quilt shop, the Quilter's Garden . The shop had a lot of patterns I hadn't seem before and a great selection of batiks.

It was a very enjoyable trip, made better by the company of good friends.





4 comments:

jenny said...

Looks like a fun trip. Someone very wise must have suggested it to you...

Momoo said...

Very wise, indeed!

Linda said...

Yes, Jenny, we wished you could've been with us!

Nanette Merrill said...

Aw, I know I would fit right in with you and your friends. It is a good feeling. That plant behind you was something else!