Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Addition to the Birdfeeder

Monday when it was snowing the birds were hanging out in the tree in the backyard. This blue jay really stood out in the white snow.
The chickadees are really cute and have been spending time at our feeder. This chickadee was standing on the shepard hook holding the thistle seed.


A few years ago Jeff built me a birdfeeder for my birthday and set it up near our bay window. So we get to enjoy watching the birds eat close-up. Tom put an additional platform feeder on the one Jeff made. The mourning doves and some of the other larger birds had trouble eating from the smaller feeder.
I haven't figured out how to post my photos and description yet. I lost the photo with the mourning dove, this one has a blue jay and woodpecker.

















No comments: