Thursday, February 19, 2009

Easter Egg Trivet

I saw a pattern for an Easter Egg table runner in Nancy's Notions. I liked the idea but the table runner was too large and more detailed than I wanted. I used my scraps and made up my own pattern. I used ideas from my sister-in-law, Kathryn. She made some really neat place mats using fabric strips and quilting as she sewed them to the batting and backing. I thought I had an original idea, but noticed one of the blogs I follow is already selling a similar pattern.


On the back of my trivet, I used some fabric Jenny gave me. She made me a cute tote a few years ago and gave me the fabric scraps along with the bag.



Jenny knows how much I like little critters. Not that I want any of the live ones inside the house, but I love fabric and figurines with cute critters.

2 comments:

jenny said...

very nice! I don't even remember getting that critter fabric. did I use any of it in the tote?

mrsquarles said...

beautiful work mary! I love the fabric Jenny gave you I bet the tote bag is darling too. Your easter agg trivet makes me want spring even more.