Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Another Belated Birthday Present

In May, when we went to South Carolina my brother in law, Fran, and sister in law, Pam took us to a huge flea market. The market is open on Wednesdays and covers acres of land. There were hundreds of vendors selling unique items, antiques, plants, books, etc. Pam goes to the flea market regularly so I decided to make her a tote bag for her birthday to take to the market. Of course I'm late again, her birthday was a few weeks ago.




I used Mary Engelbreit fabric to make the bag.





The bag has outside compartments with Velcro.





The inside of the tote was lined in red fabric with pockets make out of 3 different cherry fabrics.



Pam should have room to bring home quite a few treasures.

4 comments:

mrsquarles said...

how cute and she will sure love it. I love the fabric you picked out you have such great taste. I love looking at your blog so much. See you soon!

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a thoughtful gift and a place to put the small treasures she picks up! Love ME fabric and...acres and acres of flea market vendors. Exciting!

Nanette Merrill said...

What a great bag. Love the fabric. I think I have some of that left.

Linda said...

Pam will love it, I'm sure! I know I love the one you made for me!