Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bird Panel

My friend, Dena gave me this beautiful panel. She knows I like birds and bright colors.



I used the center of the panel to make a wall hanging for our back entrance.



I put patchwork hearts on the corners using some of the bright colors in the panel.



I used invisible thread in the quilting. I haven't gotten the knack of free motion quilting so I drew my pattern on paper and sewed over the design. Not a great method, but it worked.




I used purple, red and blue Swarovski crystals to embellish some of the berries.



Two of the bird pictures and the border of the panel were made into a table runner.



This is the back of the table runner.


Thanks again, Dena :)

3 comments:

jenny said...

Nice job!

I like backing fabric on the table runner.

ang said...

I like the backing too... it's very fun

Linda said...

The picture doesn't do it justice! Seeing it in person is much better. Absolutely beautiful!