Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Paper Pieced Wall Hanging

Some friend and I took a class in paper piecing at My Lil' Quilt Shop in Millington. We each made one pumpkin. I made two more later and paper pieced a border to make a fall wall hanging.



I used purple, green and orange treads to quilt the wall hanging. For the green inner border, I used a decorative stitch on my sewing machine.



All three thread were metallic. The green and purple were easy to work with, but the orange was awful. All were Sulky threads but the orange was holoshimmer, very much like a foil. The orange thread kept breaking and getting caught in the bobbin. I had planned to do more quilting on the pumpkins but decided just outlining them would have to do.




2 comments:

mrsquarles said...

I sure do love the colors you used it looks great I love purples nice mix with the pumpkins great job! You always know what colors to use you truly have a great gift. Maany blessings.

Nanette Merrill said...

Very artistic. It almost looks like the green is ribbon. I like this idea. And it is fall not halloween so you can keep it up for a bit.