Friday, November 5, 2010

Celebrating with Quilting Friends

My quilting friends took me out to lunch on Wednesday. Linda gave each of us a tin of Altoids Smalls which she had decorated.



My friends are very generous, I'm going to share only a few of the gifts they gave me.
Linda added to my collection of sewing Charming Tails, the cute mice are sitting on a table runner she made for me.



Elaine decorated a kitchen towel with cardinal print fabric and gave me a coordinating decorative bell.



Dena knitted me this colorful scarf. It will look great with a couple of my jackets. I think I will be able to wear it soon, we had a weather forcast of snow flurries today.



Cheryl gave me a quilt journal to plan future projects, it has plain page in the front and graph paper in the back. I like to draw out my plans on graph paper so the journal will be useful.



Amy gave me beauty supplies and a kit to make a table runner. The fabrics are batik with silver paint, very pretty combination for winter.




Pat made me a colorful sewing machine mat to use when I take my machine to quilt club or classes. She filled the pockets with neat sewing supplies.




The gifts were all thoughtful and well appreciated but the best part of the day was spending time with great friends.

1 comment:

Nanette Merrill said...

What fun things. My favorites were the mints and the sewing machine organizer. Fab. Happy Birthday.