Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Enlightening Present

I've been using the windows in the family room to trace patterns for years and had decided I should buy a light box. Almost bought one about a week ago but the box looked damaged. The next day, Tom showed me the project he'd been working on in the basement. He made me a beautiful light box for my birthday.



He made it using plywood, stained it to match our woodwork and even used veneer so the plywood wouldn't show. The box is screwed together so it will be easy to change the lights if they burn out. A very neat present, especially since Tom hates working with wood.



Yesterday a package arrived in the mail. It look like someone had stomped on it. Luckily only the pumpkin Peeps were squashed. Jenny sent me two pieces of Polish pottery as part of my birthday present. My sister-in-law, Pam had given me a Polish pottery mug earlier this fall for my birthday. I've been collecting Polish pottery and these pieces will work well with my other pieces.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Aww! What a neat present from your husband. It took a lot of thought on his part to come up with the idea. The pottery is beautiful,

Nanette Merrill said...

It is so funny. My husband made me one too a few years ago. It is almost identical except mine is painted white. Same lights and everything. So funny. I love mine.