Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fabric Calling My Name

Last month, my sister-in-law, Linda gave me some Hollie Hobby fabric which I sent to Jenny. She used it to line a tote bag. I thought of a project I would like to make out of similar fabric and went shopping on Ebay.




I had to buy this fabric, it seemed so familiar. About 37 years ago, I took a decoupage class and made the following plaques.





While looking on Ebay I found another piece of fabric.




This fabric just called out my name.

3 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Darling fabrics. I just listed Hollie Hobby patterns for sale from my mom. One lady was thrilled to find I had one because she can now finish the embroidery she started when she was 9 years old.

Nanette Merrill said...

That was absolutely calling your name Mary. How fun. I love Holly Hobbie. I have some old Holly stuff too. And I did similar decopauge with my sisters ages ago. Fun. I know some people don't like her or sunbonnet sue but I do.

mrsquarles said...

aww I love the plaques you made and your so right that fabric has your name writen all over it. It will be so cute to see what you end up making.