Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy Flowers

I had been feeling my flowers were scraggly and a lot were done blooming. Yesterday was a sunny day and I was working outside. When I started looking around, I discover a lot of the flowers were still in great shape and looking happy.

The Black-Eyed Susans are in full bloom and very sunny.




The Hibiscus are just gorgeous. I had been watering the garden so they have some water droplets on them.




The Blanket Flower is always so happy looking and the bee seems to agree.




The Bellflowers were moved last summer and didn't look like they would survive but they seem to have taken off.




Now I know the Bee Balm doesn't look particularly pretty but I just had to take it's picture. I've had it for years on the north side of the house and it just survived each summer and was about knee high. When we added the deck I had to move it. It loves the south side of the house, the Bee Balm is about 4 feet tall. My sister-in-law, Kathryn is a super gardener and is always moving her plants. I think I should start doing that too.






1 comment:

Linda said...

Good description for your garden! The flowers do look happy :)