Friday, September 18, 2009

Bumble Bee Wall Hanging

Quilter's World had a bumble bee wall hanging on the cover of the April 2008 issue. I really thought it was cute and set the magazine aside. This spring I saw some Pixie Patch fabric in a quilting magazine and knew it would look good in the bee wall hanging. It took me a while but I have finally completed the wall hanging.





I think the Pixie Patch fabric makes a great border. The fabric also came in a brighter version but surprisingly I chose the tamer colors.





I added a ladybug button to one of the flowers and tried to make the wings on the bee look iridescent.





I'm behind on my posting, I should have posted these earlier. I tried a new recipe Jenny gave me for chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal. They turned out quite well.




I also tried a new recipe for coconut cake. I used a recipe for coconut frosting that my sister-in-law, Faye, gave me. The cake and frosting were deadly to any diet, lots of butter and a whole can of cream of coconut. The cake didn't rise as much as I would have liked, but was still very tasty.









4 comments:

jenny said...

bee-utiful!

Linda said...

The wall hanging is gorgeous! I would like the cookie recipe when you have a chance. They were very tasty. The coconut cake looks yummy.

mrsquarles said...

you have been bzzuy.. I absoultly love your wall hanging so cute those cookies were so tasty and would love the recipe too if you get a chance. the cake looks so light and fluffy yum I wish I could have tasted it.

Nanette Merrill said...

I had to check to make sure I wasn't at Jenny's blog! haha Cute stuff. The bee is really darling.