Friday, January 23, 2009

The Four Seasons

Jenny told me that since I was new to blogging I could post old projects that I hadn't previously posted.
I had started this project about 25 years ago. I remember working on the cross stitch when the kids were taking swimming lessons. About 8 years ago, I finally completed it. Each of the four season scenes is cross stitched then the landscape is pieced fabric.
Ang, the family artist, once told me this was the nicest project I had made. I think I agree.


2 comments:

mrsquarles said...

oh wow! what a beautiful picture you crossstiched. I have never seen one like this with the pretty fabric colors in it. What a wonderful job you did. you should be proud of yourself. Magnificinet work again.

Nanette Merrill said...

Well Jenny is certainly right. And so is Ang. I've never seen anything like this. The texture and combination of cross stitch and fabric is wonderful. I love it. It is very unique and quite stunning. Fantastic really.