Thursday, January 1, 2009

More Christmas Gifts

I received a lot of nice presents for Christmas. I got TWO pieces of Polish Pottery. My sister-in-law, Pam sent a lovely bowl. It's just the perfect size to use as a serving dish. Another sister-in-law, Faye gave me an apple. Perfect for my apple themed kitchen. Right now I have chocolate in it but maybe I will remove that temptation and keep my tea bags in the apple.
Faye also made me beautiful holiday hot pads. I had been thinking I needed to make some Christmas hot pads for myself, these are so much more detailed than what I would have made.

For Christmas with Tom's family, we drew numbers and then picked the present we wanted from the stack. You could also steel a present someone else had picked. I got the present Chris brought..a tote bag with a $20 gift card to JoAnn Fabric :) :) :) Luckily no one stole it from me. (Of course that may be because I thought the present was only the tote. When Chris pointed out there was a gift card I suprised and didn't think to open it and tell everyone it was for $20) I used the card to buy a book on jewelry making. The pictures in the book are step by step and show little details. Ang gave me some jewelry tools for my birthday so I also bought some wire to practice with. Hopefully I will be able to make some earrings and bracelets.


1 comment:

mrsquarles said...

oh wow! I just love your pretty bowl and apple jar. They both match so nicely and will look fabulous in your kitchen,. Looks like you had a very nice christmas. Have fun with your jewelry making. Mom bought me a nice jewelry kit for christmas which I want to practice with also. We defianlty need to all get together and compare ideas.