Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Rag Quilt for Linda

I finally finished Linda's Christmas present. I the sewing and clipping done when we went out on Monday but hadn't washed it yet. Kathryn advised me to take rag quilts to the laundromat the first time I made one. Good advice, I wouldn't want to plug my washer's drain with a lot of fuzz and short thread pieces. The front of the quilt is my own design, the back just happened. I didn't stitch Xs in the small squares since they ended up less than 4 inches. In the large squares I quilted using a flower shape.





4 comments:

jenny said...

nice job! I like how the back looks like a pixelated space alien from the Space Invaders video game.

mrsquarles said...

Hi Mary! This quilt is spectacular and so very special. My mom is going to absoultly love it so much. I enjoyed lunch and shopping with you. Hope your having a great week and new year so far. Once again wonderful job and I just love the color themes you chose. I envy your talent so very much.

Anonymous said...

I love it, and can't wait to get it. I noticed the heart on the bottom with our picture. So, that's why you wanted a recent picture of us. Sneaky!!
You are so talented. The colors are perfect for our living room. Thank you to Tom, also for holding up the quilt. I recognized his shoes, ha!

Anonymous said...

Wow~~~
You did a very nice job on that~!

Seemed like you were just getting the squares together and then poof! It was done!
KUDOS to you!!!!