Sunday, April 18, 2010

Michigan State Tote Bag

My sister-in-law, JoAnn just celebrated her 50Th birthday last Wednesday. Her husband planned a surprise party for her on Friday. JoAnn is a big time Michigan State fan. I made her a MSU tote for a present. Michigan State's colors are green and white. I wanted the bag to look tasteful so I used batiks to make S pockets on the front and back of the tote.



On the inside, there are pockets for pens and pencils, a cell phone and a date book.




One side of the interior is a large zipped pocket.



I made a zipper pull using green and white beads. (JoAnn also likes cats, so I added a cat charm)



I usually spray bags I make with a fabric protector to help them stay clean......well, let's just say I'm older than JoAnn and my memory must be slowing down....I forgot to spray the finished tote :(






2 comments:

Linda said...

What a beautiful bag and nice gift!

Nanette Merrill said...

Ok, I had to send this to my daughter to show her husband. He went to Michigan State, I have told you that before. But he's a complete nut for them and even belongs to a Utah MSU alumni group. They get together for any game. Anyway Natalie is going to show this to him. He'll want her to make one for herself! You did a great job.