Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Smock Apron

I made Jenny a smock apron for Easter. It took a lot more time than I had estimated. I'm making one for myself and it seems to be coming along faster because I know what I'm doing. The pattern had very poor directions. Luckily years ago I made some garments, so I remembered some clothing sewing tips.



The apron was made with cupcake fabric because Jenny is the Cupcake Queen. Her panda cupcakes were even pictured in a Women's Day online article. http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Food/15-Incredibly-Decorated-Cupcakes.html



Last week when we were having summer weather, my early tulips burst into bloom. Even though they are tiny they brighten up the back yard.




3 comments:

Linda said...

The apron turned out very nice!

Nanette Merrill said...

Jenny's cupcakes are famous. I'm impressed with them being in a magazine! I love smock aprons. I have one I have worn and now need to take it apart and make a pattern out of it. It is perfect. I wear an apron most of the time at home and the smock ones are really nice.

Sister From the South said...

I would love to have some smock aprons. Where can I get this pattern, please?