Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Gift from Linda

Tomorrow the Millington Quilt Club is going by bus to the One Stop Shop Hop, on the Ferris State Campus in Big Rapids.  There are going to be 25 shops under one roof...a quilter's delight.
My friend, Linda made me this cute bag to take on the Shop Hop.  Linda said it was easy to make and only required two fat quarters.


The fabric Linda used is bright and happy.  She even embellished the front of the purse with a silk flower and button.  The zipper pull has a red bead and a big red rhinestone.


The back of the bag has a pocket trimmed in rick rack. 
I'm lucky to has such a thoughtful friend :)


I've been trying to stick to the Weight Watcher program. (Not always very successfully.)  I made this dessert which was only about one point.


The original recipe was similar to this recipe.  I use only part of a purchased sugar free angel food cake, sugar free Jello, Free Cool Whip, and fresh strawberries sweetened with Ideal (a no calorie sweetener).  It turned out to be a good light dessert.

2 comments:

Linda said...

That cake looks yummy! I am going to have to make it.

Nanette Merrill said...

Great looking dessert. I love love the bag.